I am a SOLDIER

His Majesty the king at flood site.

A sparse part of the society 
slander us for our uncertificated ingress.
Yet we are not dissuaded by the dubiety.
I shall strive to be the greatest buttress, 
a trust for all and loyal to my king
and praises for my nation i shall sing.

It was a customary monsoon day
for me and you alike.
Soldier i am, they say,
a man with intellectual knife-like,
a human with a iron heart
willing to serve my nation at a dart.

With unwavering circadian obedience, 
I perform my duty unrevealed.
Any call is far from my disobedience,
even if my life, before me, keeled.
Uncertain of my homecoming 
my little ones, my wife, was calming.

As I stand beside the furious Mao river
I see fear crawling fast in those fellow citizen.
Did anyone see in them, the shiver?
This, the situation, it was unwritten
but there is scarcity of time  
to love the life of mine

Braving the unappeasable current,
I approach them, hand-in-hand with my comrades. 
I present the parcel across the torrent
but the river swallowed the tetrad.
Who would have mused about us 
but, now, it's not a matter of fuss

The bravest of the the brave.
As I am consumed by the calamity,
I do not possess the modest of remorse
nor do i have the slightest panicky.
My life, I try to retrorse
but i know i shall fail no matter what
as my life is being short-cut

Pardon me, my supreme commander
I failed to do my duty better.
I am not trying to be a withstander
but for my family, i fetter.
I offer my clemency to my parents,
as i failed to be their easement. 

Breathing the water was unexpected
but the assurance my king gifted, 
made me feel far from neglected
My children, their life shall be knitted
in absence of their father
and my wife, her strength, she shall gather.


NOTE: A token of tribute to the BRAVEST OF THE BRAVES who laid their lives for others (20/7/20)
PC: Kuensel Facebook page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Taag Lhakhang

Luck and the Kharam Shing

Pemi Tshewang Tashi’s obedience in the context of Hierarchal and social Fabric of the Bhutanese Society.